HOW TO JOIN
We invite you to consider membership in the Phoenix Chapter. Some things to keep in mind about the membership process:
- Timeline: Applications for membership are accepted during the Annual Membership Drivefrom October-December each year for daughters in grades 6th-10th at the time of the Membership Drive. 2018-19 Membership Critical Dates & Check List
- Residence: A Prospective Member shall reside in the attendance areas of Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- Sponsorship: A Prospective Member shall be sponsored by an Active Member and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional or Sustainer Patroness Member in our Chapter.
Importance of Sponsors
NCL is a sponsorship organization so all prospective members must have both a sponsor and a co-sponsor who are active members of the Phoenix Chapter of NCL. Your sponsors are your mentors who will support you every step of the way! Just as you’ll complete a NCL Prospective Member Packet for the 2019-2020 School Year, your sponsors must complete Member’s Intent to Sponsor Form as well as a Sponsor Form or Co Sponsor Form on your behalf. If you are new to the area or do not know anyone in the Phoenix Chapter, let us know. We will strive to connect you with courtesy sponsors.
- Application: A Prospective Member can only apply to one Chapter.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
A prospective candidate will find a sponsor who is a member of the Phoenix Chapter to mentor her through the process.
A formal application will need to be completed by the sponsor, co-sponsor and prospective patroness. Once all applications are complete, a selection process will take place. We would like to accept all applicants; unfortunately, membership is limited due to a max on class sizes, and not all who apply are guaranteed a place in the chapter.
Membership selection for the Phoenix Chapter is done by a blind draw, with equal consideration being given to applicants from each community that we represent. Prospective members who have an older sibling in the Phoenix Chapter of NCL are considered legacies and are given priority consideration for membership. The annual draw is conducted in January of each year.
Please note there are nine (9) NCL chapters serving the Phoenix Metropolitan area. While all NCL chapters share a common mission statement and are governed under the same National By-laws, each has its own set of membership guidelines and philanthropies. A prospective member may only apply for membership to one chapter during any given year. Careful consideration should be given as to which chapter is most suited to the prospective member and her daughter.
- Important for You to Know
- NCL, Inc. only accepts applications during the annual membership selection period and does not maintain a wait list.
- Securing a sponsor, applying to the Phoenix Chapter of NCL, Inc. and/or inquiring about membership does not guarantee membership due to class size limitations